It’s official - as of today, summer is here! Sunny days lie ahead, full of picnics, beach trips, and of course, plenty of vibrant summer produce. The arrival of peaches in the markets was the first fragrant sign of the season’s change, and we couldn’t help but pile heaps of them into our shopping carts (both real and virtual, thanks to Milk & Eggs grocery delivery).
If the summer heat already has you dreading getting into the kitchen, these cool and satisfying chia pudding parfaits are for you - they’re a great way to dress up your breakfast and take full advantage of all those peaches you may or may not have hoarded, and there’s absolutely no cooking involved. Plus, you’ll crush your hunger through lunchtime by loading up on protein, fat, and fiber. Feel free to swap out for a plain yogurt of your choice - vegan or lower/higher-fat varieties will work well, though take note that Greek-style will hold up best for a pretty swirl effect on top. If more protein is what you’re after, try mixing in your favorite vanilla protein powder to the vanilla “cream” (but be sure to reduce maple syrup quantity to account for a sweetened powder).
Peaches & Cream Chia Pudding Parfaits
For the Peach Yogurt Chia Pudding layers:
- 1 container plain Greek Yogurt (we used Wallaby)
- 1 medium peach, cubed
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (we used Navitas)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
For the Vanilla Bean Yogurt “Cream” layers:
- 1 container plain Greek Yogurt (we used Aussie)
- 1 tsp maple syrup, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 medium peach, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
1. Begin by preparing the Peach Yogurt Chia Pudding. Place one container yogurt, cubed peach, maple syrup, and chia seeds in a small food processor or blender, and process until the peach is completely puréed and the mixture is smooth. (Note: some chia seeds may remain whole depending on the type of processor you use, and that’s ok! The mixture will thicken either way.) Decant mixture into a container, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
2. To make the Vanilla Bean Yogurt "Cream," add maple syrup and vanilla bean paste to yogurt and mix well (you can do this directly in the container). Add additional maple syrup if desired for a sweeter flavor. Chill until ready to assemble parfaits.
3. To assemble, alternate adding peach yogurt chia pudding, vanilla bean yogurt, and chopped peach and almond toppings into two serving containers to create a layered effect. Serve immediately.
Makes two servings.
Groceries for this post were kindly provided by Milk & Eggs, our favorite grocery delivery service! All opinions are our own.