Looking for an easy crowd pleaser for your Super Bowl party but want to stick to your usual brunch theme? We've got you covered! Try whipping up these chicken and waffle skewers!
- Prepare your favorite waffle recipe or prepared waffle mix and let stand in a bowl. Make enough for 4 large waffles. We made one serving of this waffle mix which we picked up at our local Sprouts (we believe in taking some shortcuts when serving a crowd!).
- Chop up 1 lb. chicken breast into 1 inch pieces.
- Put 1 cup flour into bowl and add in 1/2 tsp each of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix to combine.
- Fill cast-iron or large non-stick pan with about 1/2 inch of a light non-flavored oil like canola oil. Put burner on medium and heat oil until little bubbles form when you put a wooden spoon in the oil. Don't let oil get too hot!
- Dust chicken in the flour and put pieces in the hot oil one by one. Don't dump all the chicken in quickly, or the oil temperature will drop quickly.
- Cook chicken 7-8 minutes until golden and delicious!
- Heat up waffle maker and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook waffles as directed by your waffle maker. You'll want them to have a bit of crunch for best results.
- Take waffles off the waffle maker and chop into similarly-sized 1 inch pieces.
- Place one piece of chicken and one piece of waffle on a skewer and put on a platter.
- Mix 1 tsp of sriracha or your favorite hot sauce and 1 cup of maple syrup up and set aside in a jar for your guests.
- Sprinkle all the skewers with some chives for garnish and serve alongside syrup in an easy-to-hold plastic up.
- Watch your team win the big game!
Makes about 20-25 skewers.